Saturday, July 17, 2010

We made it to full term!!!

Happy 37 weeks!



I realize this is not the most flattering picture of me, but I just have to document the day. I am big and tired and in bed all day - so big that you can barely see Alden in the picture! I literally got up for a minute, took the picture, and went right back to bed.

My 24-hour urinalysis came back negative for a significant amount of protein. So still no preeclampsia, which is a relief. I see my OB on Monday, and will discuss my risk for developing preeclampsia. I am so scared of preeclampsia, that if my risk is really high I might just consent to being induced. When I read that some women with preeclampsia need to be treated with magnesium sulfate immediately after delivering, my heart dropped. I simply can not go through that sheer hell again. I am pretty scared. The good news is that I have complete trust in my OB. I will do anything to avoid being "magged" again.

No comments: