Friday, July 23, 2010

Vent

I never thought I would have a "normal" pregnancy. I knew I would be worried a lot, have to take a lot of supplements and medication, possibly endure bed rest, be financially and emotionally ready for anything and everything. But I wasn't prepared for making it to full term, and still being miserable. I really thought that making it to full term, I would be elated with joy. I was, for a minute. But now, instead, I have to still endure strict bed rest and now have the fear of developing pre-eclampsia. I have to look forward to laboring and delivering lying down again. I have to worry about going on magnesium sulfate again immediately after delivery. I might, therefore, not be able to hold my baby right away and start bonding and breastfeeding, as I imagined I would. This is all exhausting to think about, as I have nothing else to do in bed. It's wearing me down.

No comments: