Saturday, July 10, 2010

36 Weeks!!!

I can't believe we made it this far - one more week until this babe is full-term! :) I am feeling really good. Just easily tired from activity and trying to build up my strength, which has diminished after six weeks of bedrest. I still contract often, but that is considered normal at this point, as long as the contractions aren't painful. I am guessing this babe to be about six pounds now, which is average. Alden was about five pounds and still in the NICU when he was adjusted to 36 weeks gestation. It takes a lot more effort and struggle for a baby to grow outside the womb. We know exactly what a 36-weeker looks like. I still remember thinking that our five pound boy looked HUGE! Thumper is most likely already about three times Alden's birth weight and has had ten more weeks in utero. We feel extremely lucky.

No comments: