Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Back On Bed Rest!

At my OB visit today, my blood pressure was 144/88! Lying down, it went back to 120/70. My blood and urine labs were normal, but I am back on bed rest for at least the next few days. My bp will be rechecked on Friday and Monday. I am so bummed! To make it more stressful for me, my regular OB is on vacation this week, so I had to see one of her partners, who doesn't have the best communication style. I therefore learned all about the worst case scenario of possibly having preeclampsia and if I do have that, needing to be induced, etc. I am not currently diagnosed with preeclampsia because of my normal labs, but I will be monitored super closely from now on.

I wasn't even allowed the extra shot of progesterone, because of the possibility of needing to be induced within the next week if I develop preeclampsia. I was shocked.

I have been in tears today, totally freaked out and stressed. : (

1 comment:

Amber said...

Sorry to hear that, Jess! I hope that things are back to normal when they check you again in a few days...