Sunday, May 02, 2010

26 weeks, 1 day gestation

Alden was born at 26 weeks, 1 day gestation. My labor would have started around 7:30 last night, and continued for 24 hours. After 11 days of hospitalized bedrest. I am a bit teary today. I am so thankful that Thumper is still thumping away inside me, and I am allowed to just go about my normal, everyday life. We have two birthday parties to attend today, ironically.

We hopefully still have many weeks ahead of us. It is terrifying and amazing to still try and grasp the concept that a little two pound infant can not only prematurely enter the world now, but survive and thrive. I am all too aware that Alden is a miracle - many babes born around this time have life-long disabilities. We are so very blessed.

Every passing day will be a blessing to this baby. And, really, it is all thanks to Alden. If he didn't go through what he did, we would never know how to prevent a premature delivery for Thumper. Alden is our little hero.

Sadly, we all know what 26 weeks, 1 day gestation looks like outside of my womb:







No comments: