Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Bedrest

I am home now on bedrest. This is because of the fact that I am 1-2 cm dilated, and we don't know if I have been this way for a long time, or if it is the result of all the painful contractions I had on Sunday. My OB is being very conservative because of my history delivering so early - and I don't blame her! Bedrest is very strict until I am about 32 weeks along. That means I am to lie in bed or lie on the couch, I can get up only to use the bathroom, take a shower, get a snack. That's it. If, at 32 weeks, my cervix is still lovely and I'm not contracting too much, then bedrest can be modified to include some more activity. If everything is perfect by 34 weeks, I might be able to rejoin the world. That will be on June 26th - a long time from now. This is going to be quite the adventure! I just feel so lucky to still be pregnant.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like bedrest is the way to go right now...I hope you get lots of rest and lots of knitting done!
PS. Does this mean you get to find out if Thumper is a he or she? :)

Randy and Nickie said...

Looks like a long month coming up for you, but it is worth it to keep Thumper safe and sound. We will be thinking of you.

Amber's Mom and Dad

Jessi said...

Yes, we did find out the gender (that was the deal)! And, NO, we are not telling! It's still a SECRET. :)