Saturday, March 17, 2007

It's a boy!




Alden was born on March 13th at 7:26pm. He was 26 weeks and 1 day gestation. He is doing well in the NICU in his cozy incubator. In the pics, you see he is has lots of wires that help the staff monitor his vital signs. He is also on a Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) machine that helps his little lung sacs stay open and he is breathing room air. Mom and Dad visit him every day, and he has also met many other family members. We love our strong little boy!



4 comments:

mandy said...

My prayers and heart are with the three of you. He looks so cute and will grow to be strong and tire you both out. Adam and I know that you two are strong and Alden will e home with you two sooner than you know.

Love you, be strong, and hope to see the three of you soon.
Adam and Mandy

Unknown said...

Jessica CONGRATs and my prayers are with you! You and your husband are so strong.

Kate

tickey said...

congradulations on your new bundle of joy!!!!

Alden is blessed to have two of the most wonderful and loving angels to call his parents.

All will be well.

much love,
tickey

John Mathie said...

Congratulations to your family! My mom (Sue) sent me your blog address and so I thought I'd write you a note. Our daughter is now 2 1/2 but was born early and in the NICU too. Hang in there. It is the hardest thing I ever went through, but in the end, the most joyful and rewarding. Our prayers are with you- feel free to keep in touch some day if you ever have a free moment. My email is ajmath@charter.net.
Love,
Anne Mathie (formerly Masland)