Saturday, May 08, 2010

27 weeks!

Every day now is like a "first pregnancy" experience for me. I've never been 27 weeks pregnant. I've never been this big! Next week, I will be in the third trimester for the first time.

My OB says she is more convinced that Alden's early birth was a "fluke." Perhaps a sub-clinical infection (one that can't be detected without an amniocentesis). She thinks I could even possibly make it to full-term! Another first for me. I have no idea what it would be like to deliver a large baby.

We are interviewing two doulas next week - I'm excited!

When Alden was about 27 weeks, we could hold him for the first time and start to take care of him. I can't help but flash back to the NICU with every milestone I reach. How I do love to watch Thumper thump around inside me! His/her kicks are so strong, I can watch my belly move - another first for me.

No comments: