Sunday, May 23, 2010

In Hospital

Real quick: I was admitted at 8am for preterm labor. Cervix is still long, but dilated 1-2 cm. Contracting a ton, but no more cervical changes so far. I am on bedrest and a nasty iv med called magnesium sulfate. Makes me feel crappy. I got the first dose of a steroid shot to speed up development of babe's lungs. I need two over a period of 48 hours to be really effective. I'm sure you can all imagine how we feel. We are hoping for the best. What is the best? I am on mag for 2 more days to speed up the lungs. Then stay in hospital and watched for 4-5 more days then sent home on strict bedrest until 34 weeks. Then I can do whatever. We are praying for that...

5 comments:

Scar said...

let us know how (not if) we can help! mike 219-3620

Anonymous said...

Oh Jessi I am praying that this is nothing and you will be at home stuck in bed soon. I will be thinking about you and the baby each day. Can't wait to get the update from Sandy.

I LOVE YOU ALL

Gillian said...

Hang in there! We are thinking of you. Bed rest is a great time to catch up on Little House On The Prairie episodes :) Much love to you!

Unknown said...

Thinking about you Jes... tell me how I can help? Are you up for visits? phone calls? Want some Pad Thai?

What can I do?

Unknown said...

Honey, I will be hoping for the best. If you are up for phone calls, email me with the number you can be reached at.

LOVE YOU!