Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Shortened Cervix

Well, my cervix has shortened to 2.7 cm, and the Perinatologist could care less. In fact, she doesn't want to see me anymore. The reason is that I will be 32 weeks pregnant on Saturday, and 32 weekers do just about as well as full-term babes. But I care! If Thumper were to be born now, he/she would still have to be in the NICU for about a month, and I really don't want that. The Peri also said that having a shorter cervix might not mean anything, as many women have a cervix that starts to shorten around this time, and still carry to full-term. I guess I was just really hoping to still have a nice, long one that isn't dilating. I was 1-2 cm 2 weeks ago, and I have no idea if that has changed. I'm still hoping to hold on for another 5 weeks!

Anyways, here are the last of the ultrasound pics of Thumper. 31 weeks, 4 days gestation...




No comments: