Wednesday, June 02, 2010

30 weeks, 4 days: OB visit

My OB is now very optimistic, once again, about my ability to make it full-term! I have been having a few contractions here and there, but nothing significant (knock-on-wood!). Mostly just when I am up and about for too long. I am taking nifedipine 1-2 times a day when I feel more contractions than I would like, which helps a lot. My OB says that current research shows that nifedipine isn't really effective in prolonging pregnancy once the steroid shots are in (that 48-hour stint I went through last week). But nifedipine also can't hurt anything, and if it is good for my mental health to not be feeling contractions, all the better. I'll probably continue to take it until I am 36 weeks along. That's when I will feel the most comfortable.

So today I am allowed to sit up with my feet up. I no longer have to lie flat, on one hip all day. My hips will be happy. If all is well at 32 weeks, I can do light things around the house, but continuing to monitor the effects on my contractions. She also said that, if all is well, I can come off of bed rest around 34 weeks. But if I am still feeling contractions, then I will probably want to continue to take it easy. I am no risk-taker!

My blood pressure and fetal heart tones are good. I am measuring 30 weeks, exactly. I have lost a pound, which I cannot imagine. I am a complete sloth and eating a ton - how can I have LOST weight? I should have some ice cream tonight - it's so important right now! :)

15 progesterone shots down, only 5 left to go! Hooray!

No comments: