Tuesday, June 22, 2010

No more cervical lengths

I saw my regular OB again today, because I didn't like that my Perinatologist doesn't want to see me anymore and I was thinking that I wanted another cervical length. Well, my OB (and my hubby) talked me out of it because:
1. A shorter cervix would freak me out
2. If my cervix shortened, there would be nothing more she would do, especially since I am nearing a very low-risk zone of 34 weeks and beyond (the "golden zone" as my OB likes to call it).
3. No one knows what a short cervix at this point means. Research has only looked at cervical lengths from 24-28 weeks as far as predicting anything. No one seems to care about a cervical length at 32+ weeks.

So that's it for cervical lengths. I won't be checked again for dilation until 36 weeks. I was 1-2 cm dilated at 29 weeks, who knows what it will be like at 36 (fingers crossed I make it to 36)!

My blood pressure and Thumper's heart rate were both fine. Thumper is head-down and measuring exactly 33 weeks. I, on the other hand, have gained 3 lbs in one week! Bedrest is taking its toll. Time to decrease the ice cream consumption. Maybe one small bowl every OTHER day, haha!

No comments: