Saturday, June 26, 2010

34 weeks!!!

We are now in the "golden zone." If Baby Boo is born now, he/she would do very well and not be at risk for long-term preemie complications.

PHEW!!!

So far, this babe has had about eight more weeks in utero than his/her big brother. Pretty amazing.

Next milestone is 35 weeks - then Thumper could possibly come home with us and avoid the NICU - wouldn't that be something?

Since we know Thumper was about 3 lbs at 29 weeks, I would guess Thumper to be about 5 lbs now. Baby is getting big and strong - those kicks are mighty powerful! Not just little "thumps" anymore, that's for sure!

Five weeks of bedrest, one more to go. Then I can really celebrate "Independence Day." But, to tell the truth, I'm going to continue to take it really easy until I reach the 37 week milestone. I am feeling contractions every time I get up, so I'm not taking any chances. Why risk it when we've come so far?

No comments: