Friday, March 26, 2010

Rough night...

Last night I had about 7 contractions in 4 hours, and some more this morning. Alden and I are sick with colds, and were up coughing all night. I also started to freak about my contractions, so ended up with very little sleep. About 6 contractions/24 hours has been the norm for me - not 7 in 4 hours! Luckily, my amazing OB agreed to see me first thing this AM. It is her "on-call" day, so she doesn't even have patient appointments scheduled, but she saw me and did a cervical u/s. My cervix still looks long and closed, with no funneling. I am so relieved! My blood pressure was also great, and Thumper was kicking away at the doppler again, with a heartrate of 152. She told me to call anytime, even if I just need a peace of mind - and she wasn't kidding! I was also instructed to take some Robitussin tonight. I will have a much more enjoyable weekend now. I can't describe enough what a difference it make for me, mentally, to feel so well cared for.

21 weeks tomorrow!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I'm so glad your doctor was able to ease your anxiety... She sounds fabulous! Rest up, kiddo!