Saturday, April 17, 2010

24 weeks today

This is a milestone, because it I went into preterm labor today, the doc in L & D would try like all heck to stop my labor. Thumper is considered "viable" today, which means that he/she could potentially survive if born today. Before "viability," docs don't use prescription medication to try to stop the labor, because they are usually pessimistic that it would be useless. Anyway, I have mixed feelings about being 24 weeks, because even though Thumper is "viable," Thumper would have some serious disabilities if if she/he was born today.

My next milestone is 26 weeks, 2 days - I will be the most pregnant I have ever been!

After that, the next milestone is 28 weeks. If my cervix still looks fabulous at 28 weeks, my risk of delivering before 35 weeks goes down to 10%. That would be awesome.

I am feeling great contraction-wise (knock-on-wood), but this could be a very emotional next couple of weeks. I was hospitalized with my first at 24 weeks, 5 days.

I am feeling not-so-great sick-wise. I have a nasty upper respiratory cold. Ugggh.

No comments: