Thursday, February 25, 2010

16 week check

16 weeks, 5 days today - to be exact!

My appt yesterday went very well. The 17P shots from Wedgewood pharmacy arrived to my door without any glitches, and my insurance is covering it (reimbursing me) as a matter-of-course. It worked out perfectly. Phew! I brought it to the clinic, and nurse injected it for me with minimal pain. So far, so good. Just 19 more weekly shots to go.

I have started to notice a few contractions here and there. Dr. Wiedel stated that while it is a bit early to feel them, it is still within the normal range. It is good that I am feeling no pain, just tightening. Although, I didn't feel any pain with Alden either. So the main thing I have to notice is if they are frequent and regular (2 contractions every hour, for example). Mine are not. I am feeling 1 or 2 in the morning, 1-2 in the PM, 1-2 at night. They are still very random and not frequent. She said that if I start to be concerned, at any point I can come in to have a cervical u/s check. She did one today (I have them every 2 weeks now with the OB), and my cervix is still perfect at a little over 4 cm. I will start to have the cervical checks every 2 weeks at my high risk Perinatologist's clinic starting at 20 weeks. If there is any sign of change, the Peri would take the lead on course of action - whether it would be bed rest, medication, cervical cerclage, etc.

I heard the heartbeat yesterday as well. About 159 bpm. It was strong, like a horse's gallop.

No comments: