Wednesday, January 27, 2010

12 week check

12 weeks, 4 days today...

I heard the heartbeat - 164 bpm! I was not expecting to be able to hear it so soon, it was a wonderful treat. Everything is great so far. I just love the clinic. I feel listened to, and all of my questions and concerns are taken seriously.

We discussed the plan again. At my 16 week check, I will start the p17 shots. I will then continue to get the shot every week until at least 34-35 weeks. I can continue until 37 weeks, if I want, which I might. I will also see Dr. Wiedel every two weeks starting at 16 weeks. My first ultrasound will happen at 20 weeks, with cervical check ultrasounds every 2 weeks after that. We are so excited for 20 weeks! And no, we do not want to find out if baby is a girl or boy at that time. We will only find out if I have to be put on bedrest. I believe it will help me to focus on "the light at the end of the tunnel," if I have to ever go through that.

We are hoping for a long, boring, uneventful pregnancy!

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Since I'm an "old wife" I can tell you that, according to an "old wives' tale," the higher the heartbeat, the greater chance the baby is a girl!

Kathleen said...

Date of Ultrasound Jan 27, 2010
Gestational Age: 12 weeks, 4 days
Actual Heartrate 164
Average Heartrate for Gestational Age: 161.73
Prediction: GIRL


babybpm fetal heart rate gender predictor

Jessi said...

We'll see, Mom! ;)

Unknown said...

Hmmm. I'm with your mom. :)